[OpenSIPS-Business] Introducing OpenSIPS 3.5

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at opensips.org
Tue Nov 14 14:32:14 UTC 2023

Dear OpenSIPS'ers,

The 3.4 release is still fresh, but we already started to work on
planning the next major release, the OpenSIPS 3.5. This release is to be
*IMS focused*.

Bits and pieces of the*IMS (IP Multimedia Subsystem) *topic were part of
the previous OpenSIPS release, but 3.5 aims to fully focus on the IMS
part. Considering the traction and need of IMS solutions, we see the
implementation of a consistent and large IMS support in OpenSIPS as a
mandatory step in order to answer to the needs of the industry.

This year we introduce a new concept of an *OpenSIPS Working Group*. And
the *IMS OpenSIPS Working Group*
<https://www.opensips.org/Development/Working-Groups#ims-owg> is the
first one, aiming to gather people with inters in IMS with the goal to
draft, design and implement the IMS support in OpenSIPS.

More details on this may be found here, please read and act:

     https://www.opensips.org/Development/Opensips-3-5-Planning

   https://www.opensips-solutions.com
   https://www.siphub.com