[OpenSIPS-Business] OpenSIPS 1.5.0 is released.

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Mon Mar 23 20:25:05 CET 2009

Hi everybody,

After almost 7 months from the last major release (1.4.0), *OpenSIPS*
evolves with a new major release, 1.5.0.

*OpenSIPS 1.5.0* comes with several critical improvements (DB area,
Management Interface, dialog support), but also with new functionalities
(like cache support, Load Balancing, PrePaid support, SIP Identity ,
Dynamic Routing, IP geo location, etc).

A complete compilation with all the additions and improvements for
*OpenSIPS 1.5.0* release is available under:
    http://www.opensips.org/pmwiki.php?n=Main.Ver150

Many thanks to all the people who got involved in this release (and in
the overall OpenSIPS project) and contributed with code, with testing
and debuging, with patches or reports, with support on the lists, help
with packaging and documentation.
I will avoid listing names, not because they do not deserve it, but
simply because it will impossible to list list everybody here and I do
not what to be unfair with some of them (because I simply forgot a name
or because of the limited space).

But nevertheless, I want to thanks you all for out great job and not in
my behalf, but in the behalf of people who will find this piece of
software a useful tool.

The full Changelog is available  here:
     http://opensips.org/pub/opensips/1.5.0/src/ChangeLog

To get the *OpenSIPS 1.5.0* version, see :

    * website page: http://www.opensips.org/pmwiki.php?n=Resources.Downloads

    * SF project:
https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=232389&package_id=281827&release_id=670379

Note that for the moment only the source tarballs are available. The
packages (debs,rpms, etc) will be generated starting now. If anybody can
help in generating packages for different distros or architectures,
please let me know and I will upload them on the website.